- United Way (211) -- The United Way is a resource for community members who have a number of needs, including food, medical assistance, and many others. Please call the number listed above, and the United Way will discuss your needs with you.
- Gleaners Food Bank (866-453-2637, ext. 335) -- Gleaners Food Bank supports community members in need of food. Please contact the number listed above, and a member of Gleaners will assist you.
- Key Development Center (810-220-8192) -- Key Development Center provides outpatient substance abuse treatment services for adolescents, women, men & DUI/DWI offenders. Services are covered by Medicaid, Medicare, private health insurance, military insurance and self-payment.
- Oakland Livingston Human Service Agency (OLHSA) (517-546-8500 OLHSA) -- can provide information and/or assist with housing and emergency shelter; home improvement; financial and utility assistance; prescription assistance; emergency food for seniors, mothers, infants and children.
- The Salvation Army of Livingston County (517-546-4750) -- The Salvation Army provides assistance to individuals in a variety of ways, ranging from utility assistance in emergencies to shelter assistance and food. The Salvation Army provides assistance in other ways as well; please contact the number above if you need assistance.
- Arc of Livingston (517-546-1228) -- The ARC of Livingston provides advocacy and information for people with a developmental disability and their loved ones.
- The Connections for Youth (866-440-7233) -- The Connections for Youth provides assistance for youth and families in crisis. Services are free of charge and confidential. To learn more, please contact TCY at the number above.
- LOVE, INC (517-552-3970) -- Provides assistance for immediate needs (food, clothing, shelter and transportation) for community members in crisis.
- Department of Human Services (517-548-0200) -- Department of Human Services helps to improve the quality of life in Michigan by protecting children and vulnerable adults, delivering juvenile justice services, and providing the support necessary to strengthen families and individuals striving for independence.
- Special Ministries of Livingston County (810-229-6661) -- Provides programs and opportunities to adults living with all types of disabilities for discovering their full potential for physical, social/emotional, and spiritual growth.
- Pregnancy Helpline (810-494-5433) -- Please contact the Pregnancy Helpline for information or assistance regarding pregnancy.
- “Be Our Guest” Adult Day Care (517-545-5944) -- This service provides adult day care. For information regarding this service, please contact the number listed above.
- Brighton Senior Center (810-299-3817) -- This service provides activities and programs for seniors. Please contact the number listed above for additional information.
- Hartland Senior Center (810-632-2135) -- Offers a variety of social activities, on-site meals, and outreach to seniors (resource referral).
- Howell Senior Center (517-546-0693) -- Offers a variety of social activities, on-site meals, outreach to seniors (resource referral)
- LACASA (517-548-1350) Emergency housing for families experiencing domestic violence; offer sexual trauma recovery counseling and offers batterer groups.
- Livingston County Catholic Charities (517-545-5944) -- Substance abuse counseling, senior resource advocacy, senior daycare, outpatient mental health services, program services for sexual offenders, supportive foster care.
- Livingston County Dept. of Public Health (517-546-9850) -- Provides immunizations for children and adults, HIV testing, health insurance enrollment assistance, and the WIC supplemental nutrition program. More information about programs and services can be found at www.lchd.org.
- VINA Community Dental Center (810-844-0240) -- Provides Dental Care for low income residents.
- Adult or Child Neglect or Abuse (517-46-8668) -- If you have concerns, please contact the number above.
- National Alliance for the Mentally Ill, Livingston Chapter (517-546-7449) -- NAMI provides support for individuals with a mental illness and for individuals who know someone with a mental illness. NAMI provides educational programs and support groups. Please contact the number above for additional information.
Copyright © 2004
CMHSLC. All rights reserved.